Are Non-U.S. Citizens Eligible For COBRA?

I’d like to know if a non-U.S. citizen (non-resident alien) on an F1 student visa, who receives an income from a U.S. company is eligible for COBRA insurance for a few months?

If you are legally in the United States, you are eligible for COBRA if the correct situation applies. It’s not exactly clear from the details you’ve given, but it sounds like you are looking for a short term option. We have those available, as well as other alternative plans to COBRA, which are much more affordable.

Affordable Temporary Health Insurance

If you are fairly healthy and still want to remain insured, alternatives to COBRA insurance may be available based on where you live. Short-term health insurance is a popular option and available in most states. This can protect you from high medical costs of new injuries or new illnesses that unexpectedly occur while allowing you to use any licensed doctor. Coverage is available up to $1 million per person. For more information and pricing, you can call us at 1-877-262-7241 or complete a free quote online.

Related Knowledge Base Posts

Are You Eligible For COBRA?

Take Our Survey