How do I find providers when I move to another state?

Q: I just moved from California to Minnesota. I have cobra insurance, I am looking for a doctor but I do not find one provided on the web page for this area. A: COBRA is the same plan that you had with your previous employer. So, the plan that you currently have should have a phone number on the ID card which you can call to get participating providers. If you had a PPO or HMO in California then there will not be any providers in network in your new state. You will need to contact your benefits plan administrator from your previous employer to discuss other options for you. Your previous employer must provide you with another policy that will be accepted by providers in your new state.

Related Knowledge Base Posts

insurance agent answsering the phone

Affordable Health Insurance Starting Tomorrow

Call Us At
Short-Term Health Insurance is popular and available in most states to cover gaps between major medical plans.

These plans also cover COVID-19 hospitalization.
After deductibles and coinsurance, many plans will have $1 million in coverage.

Quote Health Insurance Now