Extend COBRA Coverage after termination from Graduate Program

Hello, I was a graduate student and I have been dematriculated. My health insurance expires on May 27th. Am I able to acquire COBRA coverage? I was a Fellow and it is a vocational academic program; thus, it has similarities to an “employment” situation. My coverage will be terminated based on my being dematriculated. Please advise.

COBRA covers group health plans offered by employers (private-sector) that have more than 20 employees. Group health plans that are sponsored by private-sector are generally taken care of by ERSA. You will have to contact the University’s insurance department to see if COBRA is an option for you. If it is an option, they will send information out to the beneficiary. COBRA would be a continuation of the same insurance that was offered prior the termination of coverage.

You Can Save Money With Short-Term Medical Insurance

We are COBRAinsurance.com — a private health insurance agency, established in 2001, that publishes online information on how the federal COBRA law works. We also provide an alternative to COBRA if it is unavailable or you simply can not afford it. You can remain insured and have health coverage for new illnesses or injuries with Short-Term Medical Insurance

Call For Advice: 1-877-262-7241

Get A Quote On Short-Term Medical Insurance

Related Knowledge Base Posts

Are You Eligible For COBRA?

Take Our Survey