Can I Get COBRA If I Move To Missouri?

I am moving from Missouri state to Washington state. My insurance in Missouri is an HMO and I can only go to doctors in MO state and in the St. Johns system. When I move to WA state how will the COBRA coverage work?

If there are more than 20 employees at the job you are leaving, then that employer has to offer you a continuation of the same group health plan for duration of up to 18 months. Employers must offer alternative coverage to qualified beneficiaries that will be moving outside their insurance coverage area. The employer must make the alternative coverage available before on by the date the beneficiary moves, or if it is later, than the first day of the month following the month you made the request to move and needed alternate coverage.

If you are a healthy person who does not live in NY, NJ, MA, or VT and would be interested in a lower cost Alternative to COBRA please With this policy you have the ability to choose your deductible: $250, $500, $1000 or $2500.

Related Knowledge Base Posts

Are You Eligible For COBRA?

Take Our Survey