American Rescue Plan Act of 2021’s COBRA Subsidy Ends September 31. What’s next?

I need cobra coverage-going throu a divorce-huband was fired

Q : I need to be covered by insurance through Cobra. My husband was fired by his family business and now works under the table and collects unemployment. Am I entitled to coverage. We have been separated but not legally-still in process. I was covered under Blue Cross Blue Shield. Thank you Susan A: COBRA is the name of a federal law that allows a person to continue on the employer’s group health plan. If the employer has employed more than 20 people, by law they have to offer that continuation coverage to the employee and the dependents. The employer has up to 45 days to send information regarding continuation of their group health plan. It does not matter if your husband was terminated by the employer of if he terminated the employment voluntarily.

If you are interested in an Alternative to COBRA, roi=QA Click Here for more information.



Related Knowledge Base Posts

call center lady

Affordable Health Insurance Starting Tomorrow

Call Us At
Short-Term Health Insurance is popular and available in most states to cover gaps between major medical plans.

These plans also cover COVID-19 hospitalization. After deductibles and coinsurance, many plans will have $1 million in coverage.

Compare Plans In Your Area