Cobra due date

A: I was insured thru my husband’s employer(Intra Corporation) Now due my change of marital status I am no longer insured. His company told me I had a period of time to get Cobra. I need more information. Could you please send me this information thru e-mail?

Also a phone number I can call from abroad? I tried already the one on the web page, and did not work.

A: COBRA is not an insurance company.

COBRA is a federal law that requires employers with 20 or more employees to offer the continuation of the same group health care coverage after you’ve voluntarily or involuntarily left your job, or have had your work hours reduced (or in your case, no longer married to the employee on the plan).

Because COBRA is simply the continuation of the same coverage you had through your spouse , you would need to contact the COBRA Administrator at your previous employer to discuss coverage. Typically, the COBRA Administrator is in the HR department.

COBRA continuation is very expensive. There are alternatives to COBRA continuation available. Click href=” here for a quote, or call us at 1-877-279-7959 (8am-5pm CST) and we can help you find an alternative plan.

Related Knowledge Base Posts

Are You Eligible For COBRA?

Take Our Survey