Where Are My COBRA Insurance ID Cards?
I have signed up for COBRA and have made payments. Will I be receiving a new insurance card or do I still use my old one?
Since COBRA insurance is a continuation of your previous employer’s group health policy, you will be able to use the same ID cards. The old card will be re-activated once your employer has received your COBRA payment.
Your Health Insurance Card
Unless you’ve lost your insurance card, the same one you had should still work. A health insurance card is used to give your healthcare providers, like doctors and clinics, the details to bill your medical expenses to. The information on your Health Insurance ID Cards:
- Your name and subscriber ID number.
- Employer’s name and Group Number
- Your plan type (HMO, PPO, POS, EPO and others)
- Which benefits are covered and those costs.
COBRA Third-Party Administrators
Your COBRA plan may be managed by a third-party administrator. Many employers work with the following:
- ADP COBRA
- BASIC COBRA
- BAS' COBRA Control Services
- BenefitConnect EHR
- BenefitSolver COBRA
- Burnham & Flower
- BRI COBRA (Benefits Resource)
- bswift COBRA
- COBRAPoint Benaissance
- Employee Benefits Corp (EBC)
- Lifetime Benefit Solutions
- Navia Benefit Solutions
- Optum Financial
- Paycom COBRA
- Total Administrative Service Corporation (TASC)
- WageWorks / Conexis
- WEX (formerly Discovery Benefits)
If you are unsure who your plan administrator is, reach out to the human resources department of the company that provided the health insurance you had.
Did You Need Dental Or Vision Insurance?
Vision starts at $5 per month and Dental plans are around $1/day
Get A Quote, Enroll Online