When COBRA is best
When should you continue your group health plan benefits under COBRA?
You should seriously consider continuing your health benefits under COBRA if you…
- have had comprehensive benefits and don’t mind paying more for them.
- want continual, guaranteed coverage at a higher cost.
- have had recent health problems.
- have had ongoing health problems.
- are taking expensive medications.
- have been declined for private insurance recently.
- have a history of medical problems.
- have had an accident within the 60 day window of enrollment.
- are pregnant or planning to get that way.
- got a job and your new employer does not offer a health plan.
If you cannot afford your employers COBRA option and you meet any of the above criteria you should consider the
CORE Health Insurance Option – Learn More in the Registration section of this website.
When should you consider a COBRA Alternative?
You should consider a COBRA Alternative if you…
- have no pre-existing conditions
- want continual coverage at a lower cost
- have had no health problems
- have not received any advice from medical professionals advising you to undergo a medical procedure in the future.
*these are only our recommendations, you will have to make the final decision as to your choice.