Can I stay on COBRA if my wife’s employer provide insurance

ody Q: I am switching employer and my family is on my health insurance plan. My new company doesn’t provide health insurance until 90 days. Can I switch to COBRA or do I need to take my wife’s employer’s insurance?

A: You can do either one. Keep in mind though, that with COBRA, your premiums will be expensive; you will be paying not only the employee contribution, but also the employer’s contribution AND a 2% administrative fee.

COBRA continuation is very expensive. There are alternatives to COBRA continuation available. Click href=” here for a quote, or call us at 1-877-279-7959 (8am-5pm CST) and we can help you find an alternative plan.

Related Knowledge Base Posts

insurance agent answsering the phone

Affordable Health Insurance Starting Tomorrow

Call Us At
Short-Term Health Insurance is popular and available in most states to cover gaps between major medical plans.

These plans also cover COVID-19 hospitalization.
After deductibles and coinsurance, many plans will have $1 million in coverage.

Quote Health Insurance Now