Almost The End Of June, Are You Covered?
Enroll By Midnight Tonight! Temporary Coverage Starts Tomorrow.


Can I Stay On My Ex-Spouse’s Insurance With COBRA?

If my wife and I are getting a divorce, am I eligible to continue on her group health plan and for how long?

Yes, you may continue your former spouse’s employer-sponsored health insurance. A divorce, annulment or separation of a spouse or domestic partner, makes that dependent eligible for COBRA.

When a qualifying event changes the dependents in the family, you should notify your insurance plan administrator. They will provide a COBRA election notice for those individuals. After they enroll, they may use COBRA for up to 36 months.

COBRA Eligibility

COBRA Paperwork For Family Members

When the qualifying event occurs, the insurance on the dependent terminates. Whoever holds the insurance, their employer has up to 45 days to send you a COBRA election notice for your dependents. By law, you have 60 days to choose if you want to keep your health insurance through your COBRA rights.

tap here to chat with a cobra health insurance advisor

Chat Now

Common Third-Party Administrators

Your COBRA plan may be managed by a third-party administrator. Many employers work with the following:

If you are unsure who your plan administrator is, reach out to the human resources department of the company that provided the health insurance you had.

Remain Insured

Accident Only plans start at $44*
with coverage starting tomorrow!

Call us

Get A Quote, Enroll Online
View Plans

Temporary health insurance is a popular, affordable solution to cover gaps in coverage while you are between Major Medical plans.

*Eligibility for short term medical insurance is based on age and state availability.

Are You Eligible For COBRA?

Take Our Survey